Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 12:52 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/17/18 2:36 AM, Umair Shahid wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 1:17 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net
> > <mailto:magnus@hagander.net>> wrote:
>
> >     It is definitely true that you have worked quickly to address the
> >     problems that were there with the patch initially, and that is
> >     definitely appreciated. But just like with PostgreSQL itself, that's
> >     no guarantee that it will get in.
> >
> >     It's just like the main PostgreSQL sourcecode -- we don't apply
> >     patches even though the author updates them quickly based on
> >     comments if it's determined that they are counterproductive to the
> >     bigger goal of the product. It's the same here, just for the website.
>
> Given some other flurry on -www this week with patches, I want to write
> in to say that this thread has not been forgotten. Based on various
> discussions on-list, off-list, and at PGConf.EU, designing a patch
> (likely patch set) for this will take some work and will most certainly
> require review and discussion.
>
> I went to make an initial attempt while at PGConf.EU and saw the design
> scope would be a bit more complicated than one would think to ensure
> it's clear for our users how to download the packages. I am hoping to
> have something more concrete to share after the upcoming cumulative update.

Trying to revive this thread.  My personal interest is to have link
from download page to our windows installer
https://postgrespro.com/windows. There was already discussion what we
should have on this page and what's not, so I don't understand the
problem of updating that page.

> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

The Russian Postgres Company