Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 01:35:10PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> In my understanding PostgreSQL's manual MUST include the ICU license
> term (this is not a problem).  What I am not so sure is, any software
> uses PostgreSQL also MUST include the ICU license or not. If yes, I
> think this is surely a problem.

Only if we're thinking of distributing it. If the user gets ICU from
their distribution then there is no need to list the licence (just like
we don't need to mention the licence of glibc).  We only need link
against it, not distribute it.

I understand how it'd works with extension, but not with core.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer