Re: Looking for information on our elephant

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Looking for information on our elephant
Дата
Re: Looking for information on our elephant  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo,

I have  emails even from 1995 !  You can see that historical message here:
http://www.pgsql.ru/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1238939

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL logo.

Author: yang( at )sjuphil( dot )sju( dot )edu
Date: 1997-04-03 20:36:33
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL logo.
Some other ideas:

derivative: a sword (derivative of the Dragon book cover -- Postgres as a tool)
illustrative: a bowl of Alphabet Soup, with letters spelling out POSTGRESQL
obscure: a revolver/hit man (Grosse Pt is an anagram of Postgres, and an
abbreviation of the title of the new John Cusack movie)

but if you want an animal-based logo, how about some sort of elephant?
After all, as the Agatha Christie title read, elephants can remember ...

David Yang
yang@sju.edu

Oleg