Re: conference slides in wiki

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: conference slides in wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
Hi Alvaro,

On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
I think this was ill-conceived.

I take slight exception to this as I did research the upload solutions prior:  I looked at the list of conferences with uploads (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations) and it appeared that each conference was still following suit with uploading the talks here, even after the "cool-off” period was added.

What I would change is I would ask people to send the talks to us and someone on the PGConf US committee or a volunteer could have handled the uploads (and in fact I will send a message to the list to do that).  Unfortunately we get inundated with requests after the conference, including making the content available, that we are doing our best to triage and outsource what work we can.

Back when everybody had editor
privileges right at account creation and there was no "cool-off" period
it was perfectly fine to have people add their own slides to the wiki,
but with those two things it has now become a tremendous annoyance.  I
think we need to come up with a better system to handle the uploading of
slides to the wiki.

Per a comment later in the thread, JD suggested that we can host slides on respective conference sites, which we can do on the PGConf US side with a small tweak to the site; however I do like the fact we have a giant community repository of talks & slides.

no-no. We should have one repository.

Is it worth building a tool via the .org infrastructure to help allow people to upload slides to conferences?  I think it would be a lot of work, for one :-) but I want to try and come up with some ideas / potential solutions.

I'd like to fill form by metadata of talk, attach file(s), provide password (valid for limited time) given by conference organizer.

Thanks,

Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: