Re: VODKA?

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: VODKA?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
On 1/7/15, 3:26 PM, Arthur Silva wrote:

On Jan 6, 2015 7:14 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:

 > Oleg, Teodor:
 >
 > I take it VODKA is sliding to version 9.6?

This is kinda off, but I was wondering if anyone ever considered running a crowd-funding campaign for this sort of feature (aka potentially very popular).

I don't know if Teodor or Oleg are in a position to accept funding, but it is an interesting idea. Perhaps it would be useful to try this with a different feature.

We are on the way to postgres-centric company and we'll continue our development in that company. We certainly don't need funding for the VODKA, our national product :)  I thought about crowd-funding, but didn't find any good cases for products similar to postgres. So, we decided to go traditional way - built our own company and get money from industry. In short perspective we delay our development, since many-many other non-developers business, but in long perspective we'll have more russian contributors for the postgres project.  Postgres in Russia was popular database, but now it gets much more interests from business and goverment, so I'm quite optimistic.

Many years I wanted to see well-visible place, where postgres developers (companies/individuals)  could share their plans and interests with time/money estimates.  Then, somehow, companies or individuals could communicate directly with developers.