BDR Cluster vs DB Config

От Jonathan Eastgate
Тема BDR Cluster vs DB Config
Дата
Re: BDR Cluster vs DB Config  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone.

We've been testing BDR on and off for the last 2 years and are keen to start looking at implementing it in production as it seems 0.93 has resolved most of the issues we faced with it in the early days.

However there is still one item that makes it a difficult proposition...

DSN config per database.

Is there any way to configure BDR on a cluster wide basis so that all DB's on a cluster are replicated via BDR instead of having to configure a connection for each DB we want to replicate?

The problem we have is over 20 clusters with about 200 DB's per cluster and growing constantly so this would make deploying BDR a painful process - if we had to add a connection for each existing DB and then every new DB.

Is there a way around this or are there plans to make this type of config available?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan J. Eastgate
Chief Technology Officer | simPRO Software Group
Ph: 1300 139 467    +61 7 3147 8777

Keep up to date with simPRO at: http://simprogroup.com/blog
The contents of this email are subject to our email disclaimer.