Re: [GENERAL]

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: [GENERAL]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21 December 2016 at 12:51, Yogesh Sharma <yogeshraj95@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Alban,
>
> In my production system, there are lot of read write operation performed
> every hour.

That does not explain why you're performing REINDEX on that system;
rather, it explains why you should NOT be performing REINDEX.

VACUUM is what you should be using.

You can VACUUM either using autovacuum with a sufficiently high
frequency that it doesn't fall behind too much,
or by manually running VACUUM ANALYSE on specific tables after batch operations.
Which choice suits you best depends on your workload.

In batches it is often also useful to run (plain) ANALYSE every so
often on the relevant tables to update the statistics, but only when
the batch process is not insert-only.

> So, i am thinking, if i can add check during REINDEX operation nothing
> update and insert operation performed.
> Is it possible?

I have no idea what you're saying.