Re: Replication and fsync

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Replication and fsync
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24 October 2013 15:04, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM,  <maillists0@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, is there still danger to the slave
>> in this kind of setup?
>
> No, I think.

Corruption due to fsync being off on the master will be replicated to
the slave, or - if corruption is bad enough - replication will fail to
replicate affected records entirely. Of course, turning fsync off is
no guarantee for corruption - it's the other way around: having it on
guarantees that you don't get corruption (provided that... etc).

You could disable replication while fsync is off. I'd verify the data
on the master (by creating a dump, for example) before re-enabling it
again, though.