Re: WAL files not being recycled

От Scott Moynes
Тема Re: WAL files not being recycled
Дата
Список pgsql-general
wal_keep_segments is set to 32.

Here is the replication slot:

    slot_name    | n6lbb2vmohwuxoyk_00018732_f58b5354_79ad_4e6e_b18b_47acb1d7ce1f
    plugin       | test_decoding
    slot_type    | logical
    datoid       | 18732
    database     | omitted
    active       | f
    xmin         |
    catalog_xmin | 84884044
    restart_lsn  | 1B3/4300CA60

Can an inactive replication slot cause WALs to be retained?

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Scott Moynes wrote:
> I have a PostgreSQL server that is not recycling WAL files. Log files are
> continually created and no old log files are ever removed.
>
> Running PostgreSQL v 9.4.8 with archive settings:
>
>     archive_mode = on
>     archive_command = /bin/true
>
> Checkpoint logging is enabled and does not record any logs being recycled:

See the wal_keep_segments option, as well as existance of any
replication slot (select * from pg_replication_slots).

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Scott Moynes
VM Farms