Re: REINDEX VERBOSE iso-8859-1 option

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: REINDEX VERBOSE iso-8859-1 option
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 22:48, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:

> On 2019-11-19 11:37:04 +0000, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> > Even if you do that you're still requiring the user to parse syntax
> > according to esoteric rules.
>
> Oh, please. Those "esoteric rules" have been in wide-spread use for
> decades.

It wasn't meant to be insulting, I meant "esoteric" in the strict
sense: that you need to have specific knowledge to parse them.

My point was that modifying the rules (by making certain things bold
or italic) wouldn't really solve the problem - if you don't know what
the rules are, you're unlikely to be any better off if someone adds to
them.

Geoff