Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 24 September 2015 at 11:33, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
An example from a book on PostgreSQL server programming that I'm working through (Note that it is obviously awkward to write with gender pronouns when gender is irrelevant, note the "he she" in one place and "he/she" in another!):

   "If the user is a superuser, then they have permission to see the
   full query. If the user is a regular user, they will only see the
   full query for their queries."

Can I quietly suggest "​Users with superuser pemissions can always see the full query​, while regular users will only see the full query for their own queries."?

Geoff

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation