Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 January 2018 at 16:16, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> Geoff Winkless wrote:
>> Can we not just say "ctrl-D to quit" instead of \q? Doesn't that work
>> everywhere?
>
> Not on Windows, as far as I know.

Well on Windows, Ctrl-C doesn't clear the input buffer either - it
quits the whole thing.

Perhaps different messages on different OSes? :)

Others point out (elsewhere) that Ctrl-D fails if there's anything
before it on the individual line, which is news to me. Is that a
readline thing?

Geoff