Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28 April 2015 at 15:57, I wrote:
​MySQL uses VALUES(columnname) to reference the intended INSERT value (what you might term "NEW") and the target name to reference "OLD". I understand that people might think the bracketed syntax isn't very pleasant because that looks like a function, but it seems more reasonable than NEW (can we use VALUES.columname?);

On balance I
​think I ​
don't like VALUES.column either
​, because although it looks all fine when you're doing a single INSERT ... VALUES () it gets confusing if you're INSERTing from a SELECT.

​As you were. :(

Geoff