Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic
Дата
Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD#Dumping_a_page_image_from_within_GDB

> > > The cluster was again rejecting with "too many clients already".
> > >
> > > I was able to open a shell this time, but it immediately froze when I tried to
> > > tab complete "pg_stat_acti"...
> > >
> > > I was able to dump the page image, though - attached.  I can send you its
> > > "data" privately, if desirable.  I'll also try to step through this.
> >
> > Could you attach a dump of lazy_scan_prune's vacrel, all the global
> > visibility states (GlobalVisCatalogRels, and possibly
> > GlobalVisSharedRels, GlobalVisDataRels, and GlobalVisTempRels),  and
> > heap_page_prune's PruneState?
>
> (gdb) p *vacrel
> $56 = {... OldestXmin = 926025113, ...}
>
> (gdb) p GlobalVisCatalogRels
> $57 = {definitely_needed = {value = 926025113}, maybe_needed = {value = 926025112}}

This maybe_needed is older than the OldestXmin, which indeed gives us
this problematic behaviour:

heap_prune_satisfies_vacuum considers 1 more transaction to be
unvacuumable, and thus indeed won't vacuum that tuple that
HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum does want to be vacuumed.

The new open question is now: Why is
GlobalVisCatalogRels->maybe_needed < OldestXmin? IIRC
GLobalVisCatalogRels->maybe_needed is constructed from the same
ComputeXidHorizonsResult->catalog_oldest_nonremovable which later is
returned to be used in vacrel->OldestXmin.

> Maybe you need to know that this is also returning RECENTLY_DEAD.

I had expected that, but good to have confirmation.

Thanks for the information!

With regards,

Matthias van de Meent.