Re: ci: update to freebsd 13.1 / remove minor versions from image names

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: ci: update to freebsd 13.1 / remove minor versions from image names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 19:31, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On July 28, 2022 7:29:43 PM GMT+02:00, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 11:57, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Freebsd 13.0, so far used by CI, is out of support. I've changed the
> >> image to be built against 13.1, so we can switch to that.
> >>
> >> I suspect it'd be better to remove the minor version numbers from the
> >> image name, so that switches from 13.0 -> 13.1 don't require CI
> >> changes. Any argument against?
> >>
> >> I can also see an argument for not having 13 in the image name, given
> >> that the image is CI specific anyway? But perhaps we might want to have
> >> a 13 and a 14 image for some debugging issue?
> >
> >Has this change in the BSD configuration been applied today? I see
> >failures in the cfbot builds of 4 different patches [0..3] that all
> >fail in 033_replay_tsp_drops.pl with the same output:
>
> No, this hasn't yet been applied.
>
> ># poll_query_until timed out executing this query:
> ># SELECT '0/40EAXXX' <= replay_lsn AND state = 'streaming'
> ># FROM pg_catalog.pg_stat_replication
> ># WHERE application_name IN ('standby2_WAL_LOG', 'walreceiver')
> ># expecting this output:
> ># t
> ># last actual query output:
> >#
> ># with stderr:
> ># Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.
> ># Looks like your test exited with 29 just after 1.
> >t/033_replay_tsp_drops.pl ............
> >Dubious, test returned 29 (wstat 7424, 0x1d00)
> >All 1 subtests passed
>
> That seems more likely related to the recent changes in this area.

Hmm, I should've looked further than just this, so I would've realised
that this was a new test. I guess I'll go bother Alvaro on the
relevant thread instead.

Thanks for the quick response.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent