Re: Primary key index suddenly became very slow

От Venkata Balaji N
Тема Re: Primary key index suddenly became very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Gustav Karlsson <gustav.karlsson@bekk.no> wrote:
Additional information:

The problematic row has likely received many hot updates (100k+). Could this be a likely explanation for the high execution time?

Query immediately after the bulk updates before VACUUM will take longer time. Since the VACUUM might have cleared the dead tuples and might have updated the hint-bits, the query's execution time has become much better.

As the updates are hot, you may not need to consider other factors like, table size growth and if the indexes have grown in size.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia