Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ?

От Venkata B Nagothi
Тема Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
Venkata B Nagothi wrote:
> > > We have Timezone configured to Australia/Sydney, we can change that to 11 and do we need to foresee any issues ?
> >
> > That configuration parameter defines how the client will format
> > timestamps to strings and vice versa.
> >
> > It should not have any other effects.
>
> I think what I see is some dates might have changed - is that a possibility ?
>
> If yes, is there any way I can revert back ?

I don't understand - you'd have to explain what you mean.

The setting doesn't change any data, it changes how a timestamp with time zone
is displayed.

It also sets the default time zone to use when a timestamp without timezone
is to be converted to a timestamp with time zone, so maybe that's what you
are observing.

My bad. It was my mis-understanding, the data did not change as it was supposed to be. We had some bad data pushed from the application which led to mis-understanding. All good now.

Regards,
Ven