Re: Assign TupleTableSlot->tts_tableOid duplicated in tale AM.

От Wenchao Zhang
Тема Re: Assign TupleTableSlot->tts_tableOid duplicated in tale AM.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Firstly, thank you for your reply.
Yeah, I think maybe just assigning tts_tableOid of TTS only once
during scanning the same table may be better. That really needs
to be thinked over.

Regards,
Wenchao

Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> 于2022年9月28日周三 10:47写道:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 11:51 PM Wenchao Zhang <zwcpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> We can get the two assigned values are same by reading codes. Maybe we should remove one?
>
> What's more, we find that maybe we assign slot->tts_tableOid in outer interface like table_scan_getnextslot may be better and more friendly when we import other pluggable storage formats.

I suppose that you're right; it really should happen in exactly one
place, based on some overarching theory about how tts_tableOid works
with the table AM interface. I just don't know what that theory is.

--
Peter Geoghegan