Re: Logical Replication of sequences

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 9:22 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 6:01 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 8:45 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  How about periodically sending this information?
>> >

>> Now, if we want to support some sort of failover then probably this
>> will help. Do you have that use case in mind?
>

> Regular failover was a goal for supporting logical replication of sequences. That might be more common than major upgrade scenario.

We can't support regular failovers to subscribers unless we can
replicate/copy slots because the existing nodes connected to the
current publisher/primary would expect that. It should be primarily
useful for major version upgrades at this stage.

We don't want to design it in a way that requires major rework when we are able to copy slots and then support regular failovers. That's when the consistency between a sequence and the table using it would be a must. So it's better that we take that into consideration now.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution
Сообщение: Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution