Re: Small doubt on update a partition when some rows need to move among partition

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Small doubt on update a partition when some rows need to move among partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:22 PM movead.li@highgo.ca <movead.li@highgo.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to handle the limit that we can't do a tuple move caused by BEFORE TRIGGER,
> during which I get two doubt points:
>
> The first issue:
> In ExecBRUpdateTriggers() or ExecBRInsertTriggers() function why we need to check the
> result slot after every trigger call. If we should check the result slot after all triggers are
> called.
>
> For example, we have a table t1(i int, j int), and a BEFORE INSERT TRIGGER on t1 make i - 1,
> and another BEFORE INSERT TRIGGER on t1 make i + 1. If the first trigger causes a partition
> move, then the insert query will be interrupted. However, it will not change partition after
> all triggers are called.

This was discussed at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200318210213.GA9781@alvherre.pgsql.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions