Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 9:30 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

30.01.2024 09:22, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

>> Please look at the segmentation fault triggered by the following query since
>> 4d969b2f8:
>> CREATE TABLE t1(a text COMPRESSION pglz);
>> CREATE TABLE t2(a text);
>> CREATE TABLE t3() INHERITS(t1, t2);
>> NOTICE:  merging multiple inherited definitions of column "a"
>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>>           This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>>           before or while processing the request.
>>
>> Core was generated by `postgres: law regression [local] CREATE TABLE                                 '.
>> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>>
>> (gdb) bt
>> #0  __strcmp_avx2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strcmp-avx2.S:116
>> #1  0x00005606fbcc9d52 in MergeAttributes (columns=0x0, supers=supers@entry=0x5606fe293d30, relpersistence=112 'p',
>> is_partition=false, supconstr=supconstr@entry=0x7fff4046d410, supnotnulls=supnotnulls@entry=0x7fff4046d418)
>>       at tablecmds.c:2811
>> #2  0x00005606fbccd764 in DefineRelation (stmt=stmt@entry=0x5606fe26a130, relkind=relkind@entry=114 'r', ownerId=10,
>> ownerId@entry=0, typaddress=typaddress@entry=0x0,
>>       queryString=queryString@entry=0x5606fe2695c0 "CREATE TABLE t3() INHERITS(t1, t2);") at tablecmds.c:885
> This bug existed even before the refactoring.Happens because strcmp()
> is called on NULL input (t2's compression is NULL). I already have a
> fix for this and will be posting it in [1].
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/24656cec-d6ef-4d15-8b5b-e8dfc9c833a7%40eisentraut.org

Now that that fix is closed with RwF [1], shouldn't this crash issue be
added to Open Items for v17?
(I couldn't reproduce the crash on 4d969b2f8~1 nor on REL_16_STABLE.)

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/47/4813/

Yes please. Probably this issue surfaced again after we reverted compression and storage fix? Please  If that's the case, please add it to the open items.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat