Re: Add pg_strtoupper and pg_strtolower functions

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Add pg_strtoupper and pg_strtolower functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 6:21 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> Hi,
>
> I came across pg_toupper and pg_tolower functions, converting a single
> character, are being used in loops to convert an entire
> null-terminated string. The cost of calling these character-based
> conversion functions (even though small) can be avoided if we have two
> new functions pg_strtoupper and pg_strtolower.

Have we measured the saving in cost? Let's say for a million character
long string?

> Attaching a patch with these new two functions and their usage in most
> of the possible places in the code.

Converting pg_toupper and pg_tolower to "inline" might save cost
similarly and also avoid code duplication?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: Unfiltered server logs routing via a new elog hook or existing emit_log_hook bypassing log_min_message check