Re: struct RelOptInfo member relid comments

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: struct RelOptInfo member relid comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 9:09 AM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:14 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> writes:
> > imho, the above comment is not very helpful.
> > we should say more about what kind of information relid says about a base rel?
>
> "Relid" is defined at the very top of the file:
>
> /*
>  * Relids
>  *              Set of relation identifiers (indexes into the rangetable).
>  */
> typedef Bitmapset *Relids;
>
> Repeating that everyplace the term "relid" appears would not be
> tremendously helpful.

`Index relid;`
is a relation identifier, a base rel's rangetable index.

Does the above description make sense?

BTW, I found several occurrences of "base+OJ", but I cannot find the
explanation of "OJ" or the "OJ" Acronyms.

OJ is an outer join, AFAIU. OJ's have their own relids. If you are wondering why not all joins - I think inner joins need not be tracked as separated relations in parse tree, but OJ's need to be.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat