Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 6:46 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 12:17 AM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes please. Probably this issue surfaced again after we reverted compression and storage fix? Please  If that's the case, please add it to the open items.

This is still on the open items list and I'm not clear who, if anyone,
is working on fixing it.

It would be good if someone fixed it. :-)

Here's a patch fixing it.

I have added the reproducer provided by Alexander as a test. I thought of improving that test further to test the compression of the inherited table but did not implement it since we haven't documented the behaviour of compression with inheritance. Defining and implementing compression behaviour for inherited tables was the goal of 0413a556990ba628a3de8a0b58be020fd9a14ed0, which has been reverted.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat