Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 2:21 PM Andrey Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Do you think that the memory measurement patch I have shared in those threads is useful in itself? If so, I will start another proposal to address it.
>
> For me, who is developing the planner in this thread, the memory
> measurement patch is useful. However, most users do not care about
> memory usage, so there is room for consideration. For example, making
> the metrics optional in EXPLAIN ANALYZE outputs might be better.

+1. Any memory-related info in the output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE makes tests
more complex because of architecture dependency.

As far as the tests go, the same is the case with planning time and execution time. They change even without changing the architecture. But we have tests which mask the actual values. Something similar will be done to the planning memory.

I will propose it as a separate patch in the next commitfest and will seek opinions from other hackers.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively
От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Minor configure/meson cleanup