Re: Backup and Restore of Partitioned Table in PG-15

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Backup and Restore of Partitioned Table in PG-15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Gayatri,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2024 at 4:39 AM Gayatri Singh <gayatripremselvi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Greetings of the day!!

We are planning to partition tables using pg_partman. Like we are planning for their backup and restoration process.

Got a few URLs where pg_dump had issues while restoring some data that was lost.

This mailing list is for discussing development topics - bugs and features. Please provide more details about the issues - URL where the issue is reported, a reproducer etc. If the issues are already being discussed, please participate in the relevant threads.

kindly guide me the process or steps I need to follow for backing up partitioned tables correctly so that while restoration I don't face any issue.

Another question, currently we are using pg_dump for database backup which locks tables and completely puts db transactions on hold. For this I want tables shouldnt get locked also the backup process should complete in less time.

These questions are appropriate for pgsql-general mailing list.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat