Re: [INTERFACES] Inserting using SQL descriptors in ECPG in differentversions of Linux

От Anders Nilsson
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Inserting using SQL descriptors in ECPG in differentversions of Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Adding the SQL keyword fixed it! And, I was able to remove that dummy insert_desc variable declaration above.

Thanks for your help,
Anders

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
> The following code compiles and runs fine without error messages on
> the Centos-6 box, but on the Centos-7 box, the execution of the
> prepared query with descriptor returns successful but without
> inserting any records and displaying the "No record actually
> inserted" message. Set PGUSER/PGDATABASE accordingly to run.

No idea why the same ecpg version behaves differently on these two
boxes. I assume that not both have the same version installed by
default, meaning you installed a non-default PostgreSQL yourself. Maybe
there was something left from the distro provided version?

> Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Yes.

>     // Insert record
>     exec sql execute sid1 using descriptor insert_desc;

If my memory serves well, this should be "exec sql
execute sid1 using sql descriptor insert_desc;"

Without the SQL it tries to insert the sqlda which does not exist.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org