Re: Improve list manipulation in several places

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Improve list manipulation in several places
Дата
Re: Improve list manipulation in several places  (Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Em sex., 21 de abr. de 2023 às 04:34, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> escreveu:
There was discussion in [1] about improvements to list manipulation in
several places.  But since the discussion is not related to the topic in
that thread, fork a new thread here and attach a patch to show my
thoughts.

Some are just cosmetic changes by using macros.  The others should have
performance gain from the avoidance of moving list entries.  But I doubt
the performance gain can be noticed or measured, as currently there are
only a few places affected by the change.  I still think the changes are
worthwhile though, because it is very likely that future usage of the
same scenario can benefit from these changes.
+1

Perhaps list_delete_nth_cell needs to check NIL too?
+ if (list == NIL)
+ return NIL;

+lcons_copy(void *datum, const List *list)
+lappend_copy(const List *list, void *datum)
list param pointer can be const here not?

regards,
Ranier Vilela

Сообщение: Re: duplicate function declaration in multirangetypes_selfuncs.c
Сообщение: Re: duplicate function declaration in multirangetypes_selfuncs.c