Re: Fix some resources leaks (src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_createsubscriber.c)

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Fix some resources leaks (src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_createsubscriber.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em seg., 1 de abr. de 2024 às 14:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
"Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024, at 8:50 PM, Ranier Vilela wrote:
>> Coverity has some reports in the new code
>> pg_createsubscriber.c
>> I think that Coverity is right.

> It depends on your "right" definition. If your program execution is ephemeral
> and the leak is just before exiting, do you think it's worth it?

I agree with Ranier, actually.  The functions in question don't
exit() themselves, but return control to a caller that might or
might not choose to exit.  I don't think they should be assuming
that an exit will happen promptly, even if that's true today.

The community Coverity run found a few additional leaks of the same
kind in that file.  I pushed a merged fix for all of them.
Thanks Tom, for the commit.

best regards,
Ranier Vilela

Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export
Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export