Avoid call MaintainOldSnapshotTimeMapping, if old_snapshot_threshold is disabled.

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Avoid call MaintainOldSnapshotTimeMapping, if old_snapshot_threshold is disabled.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

While another long thread discusses the situation of old_snapshot_threshold,
I believe we can improve procarray.c by avoiding calling MaintainOldSnapshotTimeMapping (src/backend/utils/time/snapmgr.c).

There's a very explicit comment there, which says (line 1866):
"Never call this function when old snapshot checking is disabled."

Well, assert should never be used to validate a condition that certainly occurs at runtime.

Since old_snapshot_threshold is -1, it is disabled, so MaintainOldSnapshotTimeMapping doesn't need to be run, right?

regards,
Ranier Vilela
Вложения