Re: Fix use of possible uninitialized variable retval (src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_handler.c)

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Fix use of possible uninitialized variable retval (src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_handler.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qua., 5 de jun. de 2024 às 01:12, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> escreveu:
At Mon, 27 May 2024 11:31:24 -0300, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi.
>
> The function *plpgsql_inline_handler* can use uninitialized
> variable retval, if PG_TRY fails.
> Fix like function*plpgsql_call_handler* wich declare retval as
> volatile and initialize to (Datum 0).

If PG_TRY fails, retval is not actually accessed, so no real issue
exists.
You say it for this call
PG_RE_THROW();

Commit 7292fd8f1c changed plpgsql_call_handler() to the
current form, but as stated in its commit message, it did not fix a
real issue and was solely to silence compiler.

I believe we do not need to modify plpgsql_inline_handler() unless
compiler actually issues a false warning for it.
Yeah, there is a warning, but not from the compiler.

best regards,
Ranier Vilela