Re: Avoid incomplete copy string (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Avoid incomplete copy string (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em seg., 24 de jun. de 2024 às 00:27, Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> escreveu:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 22:34:03 -0300
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em dom., 23 de jun. de 2024 às 22:14, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
> > Em dom., 23 de jun. de 2024 às 22:05, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com>
> > escreveu:

> >> Yeah, I'm fine with strlcpy. I'm not against it.
> >>
> > Perhaps, like the v2?
> >
> > Either v1 or v2, to me, looks good.
> >
> Thinking about, does not make sense the field size MAXPGPATH + 1.
> all other similar fields are just MAXPGPATH.
>
> If we copy MAXPGPATH + 1, it will also be wrong.
> So it is necessary to adjust logbackup.h as well.

I am not sure whether we need to change the size of the field,
but if change it, I wonder it is better to modify the following
message from MAXPGPATH to MAXPGPATH -1.

                                 errmsg("backup label too long (max %d bytes)",
                                                MAXPGPATH)));
Or perhaps, is it better to show the too long label?

errmsg("backup label too long (%s)",
                                                backupidstr)));

best regards,
Ranier Vilela