Re: Getting ERROR "subplan "SubPlan 1" was not initialized" in EXISTS subplan when using for list partition.

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Getting ERROR "subplan "SubPlan 1" was not initialized" in EXISTS subplan when using for list partition.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qua., 15 de set. de 2021 às 12:00, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to ask if this alternative fix (attached) would also solve the
> problem or not.

If I'm reading the patch correctly, that fixes it by failing to drop
unused subplans at all --- the second loop you have has no external
effect.

We could, in fact, not bother with removing the no-longer-referenced
subplans, and it probably wouldn't be all that awful.  But the intent
of the original patch was to save the executor startup time for such
subplans, so I wanted to preserve that goal if I could.  The committed
patch seems small enough and cheap enough to be worthwhile.
 Understood, thanks for replying.

regards,
Ranier Vilela