Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em seg., 19 de fev. de 2024 às 05:35, Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> escreveu:
On 16/2/2024 19:54, jian he wrote:
> After setting these parameters, overall enable_or_transformation ON is
> performance better.
> sorry for the noise.
Don't worry, at least we know a weak point of partial paths estimation.
> so now I didn't find any corner case where enable_or_transformation is
> ON peforms worse than when it's OFF.
>
> +typedef struct OrClauseGroupEntry
> +{
> + OrClauseGroupKey key;
> +
> + Node   *node;
> + List   *consts;
> + Oid scalar_type;
> + List   *exprs;
> +} OrClauseGroupEntry;
>
> I found that the field `scalar_type` was never used.
Thanks, fixed.
Not that it will make a big difference, but it would be good to avoid, I think.

v17-0002
1) move the vars *arrayconst and *dest, to after if, to avoid makeNode (palloc).
+ Const   *arrayconst;
+ ScalarArrayOpExpr  *dest;
+
+ pd = (PredicatesData *) lfirst(lc);
+ if (pd->elems == NIL)
+ /* The index doesn't participate in this operation */
+ continue;

+ arrayconst = lsecond_node(Const, saop->args);
+ dest = makeNode(ScalarArrayOpExpr);

best regards,
Ranier Vilela

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: numeric_big in make check?
От: shveta malik