Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:

> > Now, while this patch does seem to work correctly, it raises a number of
> > weird cpluspluscheck warnings, which I think are attributable to the
> > new macro definitions. I didn't look into it closely, but I suppose it
> > should be fixable given sufficient effort:
>
> Didn't test, but the first one is certainly fixable by adding a cast,
> and I guess the others might be as well.

>I get no warnings with this one. I'm a bit wary of leaving
>VARDATA_COMPRESSED_GET_EXTSIZE unchanged, but at least nothing in this
>patch requires a cast there.

Hi Alvaro.

Please, would you mind testing with these changes.
I'm curious to see if anything improves or not.
1. Add a const to the attr parameter.
2. Remove the cmid variable (and store it).
3. Add tail cut.

regards,

Ranier Vilela

Вложения