suppress notices from inside a stored a plpgqsl function

От David Gauthier
Тема suppress notices from inside a stored a plpgqsl function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi:

I have a plpgsql function that has this...

    drop table if exists tmp_diff_blkviews;

Even with the "if exists", I still get...

NOTICE:  table "tmp_diff_blkviews" does not exist, skipping
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "drop table if exists tmp_diff_blkviews"
PL/pgSQL function dvm.blkview_diffs(character varying,character varying) line 6 at SQL statement

I want to suppress that.   Even if the temp table exists, I don't want to hear about how it had to delete the table.  Just delete it if it exists and be quiet about it.

This function is being called through perl/dbi. So client side command line set options, or anything like that, is no good.  Is there  way to control messaging from inside the function ?