Re: BUG or strange behaviour of update on primary key

От desmodemone
Тема Re: BUG or strange behaviour of update on primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2011/10/18 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM, desmodemone <desmodemone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems an Oracle bug not Postgresql one!

I don't think it's a bug for it to work.  It'd probably work in
PostgreSQL too, if you inserted (2) first and then (1).  It's just
that, as Tom says, if you want it to be certain to work (rather than
depending on the order in which the rows are inserted), you need the
checks to be deferred.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company