Re: -1/0 virtualtransaction

От Mike Beachy
Тема Re: -1/0 virtualtransaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In case this helps anyone else, I found a simple way to get a rough
idea of what's going on, which is to run:

select (select count(distinct virtualtransaction) from pg_locks) as
tx_with_locks, (select count(*) from pg_stat_activity where state =
'active') as active_tx, (select count(*) from pg_locks where
virtualtransaction = '-1/0') as summarized_locks;

I disabled the part of my application that seemed to be causing
problems with too many writes (a background cleanup task) and then
triggered it from a separate process. I can see the number of
transactions with locks climbing when it hits a problematic item,
while the number of active transactions (of course) stays low.

Mike