Slow W7 64 ODBC connection

От Achim Jansen, Promax VPM
Тема Slow W7 64 ODBC connection
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

a client of mine is complaining about a slow ODBC driver connection on his Windows 7 64 bit PC. He is using an MS Access 2002 Database connected via a Postgres ODBC driver version 9.00.03.00 to a PostgreSQL database server version 7.4.19 on a web server. When connecting from a W7 32 bit everything works fine and fast.

I searched the faq's and documentation but couldn't find an answer. Therefore I am hoping that someone on this list could help.

I used the following instruction to set up the driver on the client´s machine:
  • Press the Windows Start button and select Run
    or press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard
  • In the Run window type %SystemRoot%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
  • Press Enter and set up using the ODBC Data Source Administrator

I also came across these instructions and would like to ask whether it's worth a try:

  • Download the Postgresql 8.4 ODBC driver here
  • Unzip the file on to your Desktop (double-click the file)
  • Double-click the Psqlodbc file
  • Accept the License and click Next to install the driver
  • When the installation is complete, click the Upgrade.bat file - and follow the onscreen instructions.
  • When the upgrade is complete, go to the search bar in your Start Menu.
  • Type in “ C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ ”
  • Open the folder that shows up in this list.
  • Search through this folder until you find the “odbcad32.exe” file.
  • Open it. You will be brought to the ODBC Data Source Administrator screen. etc.

Or is the problem not related to the way the driver is intalled? Also, is there a 64 bit ODBC driver? I couldn't find anything so far.

Sorry about so many questions and thank you in advance for your help,

best regards,

Achim Jansen