Re: BUG #13462: Impossible to use COPY FORMAT BINARY in chunks through libpq

От Марк Коренберг
Тема Re: BUG #13462: Impossible to use COPY FORMAT BINARY in chunks through libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Where I can see example how to generate COPY FORMAT BINARY ? Seems,
I'm doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what exactly.
According to strace, library act as follow:

sendto ("COPY.....FROM STDIN (FORMAT binary)")
recv (...) => receive some response (that copy starts succesfully)
next, debugging and logging of PQputCopyData calls
logging of calling  PQgetResult, that reports IMMEDIATELLY, that COPY failed.
and AFTER that, library sends "\d\0\0\0\27PGCOPY\n\377\r\n\0\0\....."

WTF?

If my example will work, I want to contribute that example to
documentation (as canonical example of that stuff), since I cannot
find working example of generating binary copy data.

> socketpair@gmail.com writes:
>> If I use PQputCopyData() to pass parts of the binary protocol (as documented
>> in http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-copy.html ), postgres
>> binary socket data gets corrupted (i.e. protocol is broken).
>
> I think your test program is buggy; specifically, it doesn't appear to
> have any provision for dealing with data endianness, which means it
> will not work on a little-endian machine.  Per the COPY binary format
> spec:
>
>         Headers and data are in network byte order.

Segmentation fault