Re: Server to run Postgresql

От Thalis Kalfigkopoulos
Тема Re: Server to run Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi

I have an unused computer which I am considering turning into a server to run my Postgresql database.

Is this even possible to do?

If so, can someone suggest an open source server that is relatively easy to set up? Windows based would be ideal.

Bob

If by "Windows based" you mean "that has a graphical windowing system", then any U*IX/Linux distribution applies.
For supported platforms, check: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/supported-platforms.html

Or perhaps you might consider an all-in-one solution (apache+php+postgresql+pgadmin) like the stacks by Bitnami:

http://bitnami.org/stack/wappstack [for MsWindows]
http://bitnami.org/stack/lappstack [for Linux]

which are self-contained and easy to install/uninstall at will.

Best regards,
Thalis K.