Re: select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data

От Ganesh Borse
Тема Re: select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Thanks for this clarification.

Do we've another forum for ODBC related queries? Or can I try in developer forum?

Thanks,
Ganesh

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM, ktm@rice.edu <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 09:48:43AM +0800, Ganesh Borse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this guidance.
>
> Incidentally this same code (as-is) works well (i.e. fetches the binary
> data as binary data) with few other different databases like DB2, Oracle,
> MS-SQL, MYSQL, Sqlite2, Access.
>
> Can this be an issue with Postgresql's ODBC driver? Is there a different
> forum for PGSQL's ODBC driver?
>
> Or, does postgresql databases does not directly give binary data with query
> like "select binarycolumn from table" ? Do we need to convert this to
> binary type while selecting?
>
> Best Regards,
> Ganesh

Hi Ganesh,

I am not really familiar with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver at all, but I
know that in libpq you need to specify a binary output format to get
the bytea info as binary. I do not know how that is done in the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver. Good luck and maybe someone with more ODBC knowledge will
comment.

Regards,
Ken