Re: Postgres processes getting stuck (bug?)

От Ciprian Grigoras
Тема Re: Postgres processes getting stuck (bug?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks everyone, it could be that the Linux server is problematic (it's got a long uptime).
I ran the strace thing,

  1. [root@box ~]#  strace -p 20825
  2. Process 20825 attached - interrupt to quit
  3. connect(90, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/centrifydc/daemon2"}, 25
and it kept waiting there with minimal information, nothing else was shown...

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net> wrote:
Ciprian Grigoras <ciprian.grigoras@vitals.com> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I had a question. We're running Postgresql 9.0.7 , and all of a sudden we started seeing unexpected behavior. One table got locked after we ran one simple INSERT on one
> test item.
> Nothing else was running against that table as far as we know, and the query is frozen there now. After some time we tried to terminate it forcefully
> (pg_terminate_backend), ran that and the return of the command is "true" but the query still stays on, shows up on pg_stat_activity etc.
> Reading from the table is fine, but we believe any other inserts / updates are not possible.

What do you get from strace -p $pid?

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Ciprian Grigoras

Software Engineer
Vitals | 160 Chubb Avenue, Suite 301, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, USA

P : 201.459.6275 |  M : 845.517.8710

http://www.vitals.com

Вложения