Re: How do I remove this stupid "master password"?

От Michel Feinstein
Тема Re: How do I remove this stupid "master password"?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi tutiluren,

I understand your frustration and I am sorry about how you feel. I am not the developer who implemented this, but I am the guy who reported the security vulnerability this addresses.

If you look into some past messages you will understand the issue and what was behind the decisions by the devs. In a nutshell, it prevents malware (either in the browser itself or in your machine, or a junior dev machine and etc.) to scan for postgresql credentials and send them to an attacker. It can be more then that so I advise you to read the thread if you are further interested.

Again, I am sorry about how you feel, but this decision was definitely not taken without a lot of thought and not by any Microsoft employees that I know of :)

Best wishes,

Michel.