Re: Tracking wait event for latches

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Tracking wait event for latches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> wait-event-set-v8.patch

Ok, I'm just about ready to mark this as 'Ready for Committer'.  Just
a couple of things:

+ pgstat_report_wait_start((uint8) classId, (uint16) eventId);

Unnecessary casts.

+        <row>
+         <entry morerows="5"><literal>Client</></entry>
+         <entry><literal>SecureRead</></entry>
+         <entry>Waiting to read data from a secure connection.</entry>
+        </row>
+        <row>
+         <entry><literal>SecureWrite</></entry>
+         <entry>Waiting to write data to a secure connection.</entry>
+        </row>

I think we want to drop the word 'secure' from the description lines
in this patch.  Then I think we plan to make a separate patch that
will rename the functions themselves and the corresponding wait points
to something more generic?

I'm assuming that my suggestions for making WE_WAL_SENDER_WAIT_WAL and
WE_WAL_SENDER_MAIN have a dynamically chosen class ID would also be
material for another patch, but it doesn't matter much because those
processes won't show up yet anyway.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com