Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner wrote:

>> > I can't quite parse that sentence, could you restate?
>>
>> The way I read it was that the most interesting solution would retry
>> a transaction from the beginning on a serialization failure or
>> deadlock failure.
>
> As far as I understand her proposal, it is exactly the opposite -- if a
> transaction fails, it is discarded.  And this P.S. note is asking
> whether this is a good idea, or would we prefer that failing
> transactions are retried.
>
> I think it's pretty obvious that transactions that failed with
> some serializability problem should be retried.

+1 for retry with reporting of retry rates

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors