Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Дата
Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! Just to compare your results with my:
>
> number               match                name      mode  Calls Tot 100us
> Avg
>     0               d:appendix             label.markup   22503 70018988
> 3111
>     1               chunk-all-sections                     1394 36361616
> 26084
>     2               d:chapter              label.markup   24918 20792834
> 834
>     3                                      href.target    23895 18556477
> 776
>     4                                   footer.navigation  1394  5276429
> 3785
>     5                        header.navigation             1394  5095535
> 3655
>     6                         gentext.template           237071   857659
> 3
>
> vs
>
> number               match                name      mode  Calls Tot 100us
> Avg
>
>     0                         gentext.template           247659    742878
> 2
>     1                       chunk-all-sections             1394    705195
> 505
>     2                              href.target            35446    663090
> 18

Hmm.  Well, this is all new to me but I'd have expected the numbers in
the "Calls" column to be entirely deterministic.  Perhaps that
business about conditional use of UnwrapLinks and other things like it
change the numbers.  It's interesting that "gentext.template" is in
the same ballpark on our two systems in terms of calls and CPU time,
but the top templates are massive outliers on my system.  I have no
idea what I'm even looking at really but I couldn't help noticing that
templates with match="chapter" and match="appendix" appear in our tree
in sgml/stylesheet-speedup-common.xsl with a comment
"Performance-optimized versions of some upstream templates from
common/ directory".  Could it be that whatever performance-enhancing
trick they perform doesn't work on 1.1.32, or alternatively they are
not being reached so we're falling back to non-optimised versions
instead of these?

> I wonder, what version of docbook-xsl are you using?
> (I have 1.79.1+dfsg-1).
> Can you check with 1.79+ (if yours is older)?

docbook-xsl version 1.79.2_1.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Сообщение: Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?