Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:01 PM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> So I agree with Tom's suggestion:
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Perhaps serialize the contents into an array in DSM, then rebuild a hash
> > table from that in the worker.  Robert might have a better idea though.
>
> I'd happily volunteer to write or review a patch to do that.  Is there
> a rebase of the stuff that got reverted, to build on?

Here is a draft patch showing the approach discussed for transmitting
enum_blacklist in parallel workers.  This should be useful for
reviving the code reverted by 93a1af0b.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com