Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Something like this?  Or I guess src/backend/Makefile could do it directly.
>
> Patch seems reasonable as far as it goes, but what about the MSVC
> infrastructure?

Hmm.  Here is an untested version that makes Install.pm treat it the
same way as it treats sql_features.txt.  Does this look right?

> Also, do we need to discuss exactly where it's being installed to?
> Is the choice made here easy for an extension Makefile to locate?

${datadir} is:

  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]

The default comes from here:

  --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]

That is obtainable with pg_config --sharedir.  It's a bit obscure that
--sharedir means ${datadir}, but in my tree I see:

src/port/Makefile:      echo "#define PGSHAREDIR \"$(datadir)\"" >>$@

That makes its way into pg_config's clutches via this code:

src/port/path.c-get_share_path(const char *my_exec_path, char *ret_path)
src/port/path.c-{
src/port/path.c:        make_relative_path(ret_path, PGSHAREDIR,
PGBINDIR, my_exec_path);
src/port/path.c-}

So after "make install" I can find the file like this:

$ ls -slap $(pg_config --sharedir)/errcodes.txt
64 -rw-r--r--  1 munro  staff  31450 29 Mar 14:40
/Users/munro/install/postgres/share/errcodes.txt

Would there be a better location?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com