Re: [HACKERS] new function for tsquery creartion

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] new function for tsquery creartion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Victor Drobny <v.drobny@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Let me introduce new function for full text search query creation(which is
>> called 'queryto_tsquery'). It takes 'google like' query string and
>> translates it to tsquery.
>
> I haven't looked at the code, but that sounds like a neat idea.

+1

This is a very cool feature making tsquery much more accessible.  Many
people know that sort of defacto search engine query language that
many websites accept using quotes, AND, OR, - etc.

Calling this search syntax just "query" seems too general and
overloaded.  "Simple search", "simple query", "web search", "web
syntax", "web query", "Google-style query", "Poogle" (kidding!) ...
well I'm not sure, but I feel like it deserves a proper name.
websearch_to_tsquery()?

I see that your AROUND(n) is an undocumented Google search syntax.
That's a good trick to know.

Please send a rebased version of the patch for people to review and
test as that one has bit-rotted.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com